The importance of knowing and believing in God’s love for us as individuals can never be overemphasized, some of which are
1) It fulfills the desire and yearning of our Heart; Man being created in the image and likeness of God who is Love shared in this wonderful attribute though in a smaller degree. This implies man is wired to love and be loved by God. There is a great desire and yearning for love when we lack the assurance of being loved by God. Nothing fulfills and satisfies the yearning of the heart as knowing and believing in God’s loves for us as individuals.
2) We are in the end times. The negative effect of this is the high rate of inhumanity and wickedness, high rates of divorce and betrayal, desertion, rejection, disappointments, and many heartbreaking issues. Knowing and believing God’s love for us give us the assurance of true, unfailing and lasting love our heart can rest on.
3) A problem many of us are battling with is the feelings of guilt and condemnation. Knowing and believing God’s unconditional love for us gives the assurance of forgiveness and acceptance by God. This frees the mind and makes one bold and confidence to approach the throne of God.
4) It is an antidote of doubt; Knowing and believing God’s love removes every doubt and uncertainties about God’s Love. One thing Satan has successfully used to make many Christian become miserable and discouraged especially when faced with challenges is making them believe the lie that God does not love or care for them. Among the things Satan wanted to achieve by making people doubt God’s love is to make them weak spiritually so as to be able to unleash his three cardinal attacks which is to steal, kill and destroy, John 10:10.
To believe that God does not love or care for you is to believe the greatest of all lies made against the very essence and character of God which is Love. God is Love and compassionate, 1 John 4:8. God loves every soul in the world both the believers and unbelievers alike. God’s love for humanity is the foundation of creation, the reason for creating man in His image and likeness and the giving of dominion. It is the foundation of salvation and all that God has given and done and He is doing for mankind. How could God whose very Essence is Love, the source of all true love be said not to love and care? How could God who loves and cares for you right before you were born till this present time even while you were yet a sinner stop loving you? It is not possible for Him to stop loving and caring for you because of the attributes of His Love which are; great, (Ephesians 2: 4-5) endless, true, boundless, changeless, steadfast (Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalm 136:26). Is it possible that a God who cares for even the ants and sparrows will not care for the one He created in His image and likeness? How could a God who gave His only begotten son Jesus Christ to the world turned around not to love those whom the Son died for. Christ died for us while we were yet sinners, Romans 5:8; 1 John 4: 9-11.
No matter what happens, you must not give up your faith in God’s love for you because He loves you so much. Remember that Job did not give up on God’s loving-kindness and care for him in the face of the huge losses and could trust without wavering, Job 13: 15-16. King David was sorely persecuted, yet he remained steadfast because he never for once lose sight of God’s loving-kindness for Him as he indicated in Psalm 26:3, 40: 10
Challenges are not indications of the absence of God’s love for you, Hebrews 12: 6. Neither is it that God’s love is on trial. The intensity of the challenges you are passing through is not an indication of you not being loved and cared for by God. He is with you in all you are passing through even when it seems He is far away or hidden. He has promised to be with you always Isaiah 43:1-3.
God loves and cares so much about you in whatever you are going through. One indeed becomes worried and full of anxiety when we see or experience things contrary to our expectations of what we think God’s love and care implies. This is where many of us get it wrong, God’s love like any other of His Attributes is beyond human wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Remember His ways are not like our own. Part of God’s way of showing His love is through chastisement to make you develop godly characters, Hebrews 12:6. Remember faithfulness to God does not guarantee believers freedom from sufferings, pains, and troubles. However, we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, Romans 8: 28. Jesus Christ told us we would face tribulations. This is because we live in a fallen world characterized by terrible happenings. He, however, promised us His presence, grace and help in time of trouble. We must never lose the assurance of God’s Love and care for us. When you lose the assurance of God’s love and care the first thing that would happen is that you would be angry and bitter against God. With anger and bitterness comes complains and murmuring against God. From complaining and murmuring comes despondency, hopelessness and the wish to die.
I may not know what you are passing through, the sorrows, the hardship, the pains, the burdens you are carrying. However, one thing I know and I am sure of is that Jesus loves you.
BE GROUNDED IN HIS LOVE.
God’s desire for each of us is to grow into the stature of Jesus Christ in every area of our spiritual life including the area of the Father and son love relationship between Him and us. This implies God desires we go beyond knowing and believing in His love for us to become grounded in His love, deep-rooted, remaining strong and steadfast in our faith in His love for us no matter the turbulence faced. This is the key to eternal life, spiritual strength and being filled with the fullness of God as Apostle Paul prayed for the believers in Ephesians 3:14-19;
14) For this cause, I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15) Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16) That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17) That Christ may dwell in your heart by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love.
18) May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length, and depth and height;
19) and to know the love of Christ which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all fullness of God.
The truth we must know is that our being born-again is the beginning of our love relationship with God and it is important that that love relationship must be sustained and maintained on our side. God’s love for us is endless is a love we have to explore and enjoy forever. It is something we have to consciously live in. This implies we must consciously walk in, eat in, sleep in, confess it, talk about, act upon, think about, meditate about bask in it it is by so doing we get to know him better, trust, love be steadfast and unshaken
When one lives in the joyful comfort of God’s loving-kindness and care, one becomes optimistic amidst discouragement, strong amid weakness/brokenness, patient in the midst of tribulations, brave amid danger, calm amid strive, cheerful amid gloominess and hopeful amid hopelessness.
Knowing God’s love, understanding and being rooted in God’s love involve certain deliberate actions by you, such as;
1) Spend time alone with Him in prayers and studying His Holy Scripture.
2) Live in the consciousness of God’s love for you.
3) Learn to thank Him always for all things and in all things
4) Talk about His love for you to otht\ers.
5) Reciprocate His love for by Loving Him with all your heart and loving Others
6) Tell Him of your love for him
COME AND ENJOY GOD’S LOVE WITH ME
If you are reading this post and you are wondering about the possibility of you having this kind of Father and son love relationship as described above, I want you to know that it is possible, you can. God loves you, irrespective of your race or skin color. He loves you whether you are rich, poor, male, female, educated, tall, short, disabled or whatever. Jesus was given for you “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
Repent of all your sins and accept Jesus as Savior and Lord.
GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I.